Planning a Football Trip to Germany
Planning a football trip to Germany. Read this guide to kick-off times and fixture details in general.
Bundesliga Kick Off Times
TV fixtures are usually announced on the Bundesliga website around 3 to 4 weeks in advance.
Games can take place at a number of different times. In 2015, these were: Friday 6pm & 8pm, Saturday 3:30pm, 6pm and 8:30pm, Sunday 2:30pm, 4pm, 6:30pm, 8:30pm and Monday 6:30pm and Monday 8:30pm.
The last two weekends of the Bundesliga are all played at the same time 2.30pm on the Saturday for the top league and on the Sunday for Bundesliga 2
Bundesliga 2016/17 Season
The key information and dates are as follows:
- Begins weekend of 26-28 August 2016
- Winter break follows Matchday 16 on 20-21 December 2016
- Resumes weekend 20-22 January 2017
- Final Matchday (34) set for 20 May 2017
- Opening Matchday 5-8 August 2016
- Winter break follows Matchday 17 on the weekend of 16-19 December 2016
- Resumes the weekend of 27-30 January 2017
- Final Matchday (34) set for 21 May 2017
- To take place between 24 and 30 May 2017
- Exact dates to follow in due course
- First round: 19-22 August 2016
- Second round: 25/26 October 2016
- Last 16: 7/8 February 2017
- Quarter-finals: 28 February/1 March 2017
- Semi-finals: 25/26 April 2017
- Final: 27 May 2017, Olympiastadion, Berlin
Stadiums & Locations
Stadiums and Locations for the 2016/17 Bundesliga season will be added after the promotion/relegation play-off games.